- This event has passed.
Cause Selling- Building Donor Loyalty in a Fluid and Changing Philanthropy Landscape
January 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$50
The philanthropy landscape faces significant impact with the passage of the 2017 tax reform legislation. This means nonprofits of all types, sizes, and shapes will have to adapt and adjust in this new climate. One of the major challenges anticipated is sustaining the donor base at a level that will continue to support the many causes of nonprofits. Skills in maintaining and building donor loyalty and retooling will be imperative going forward. The first part of the seminar provides context on the cause selling approach setting the stage for the second part. The second part will be a panel discussion that feature the key aspects of the tax reform legislation and the implications for local nonprofits. What
The upcoming seminar covers the following topics.
- Review the Cause Selling approach and methodology to provide context for the topic at hand, building donor loyalty;
- Focus greater attention on the “Follow-Up” phase of the Cause Selling Cycle emphasizing stewardship and donor cultivation;
- Discuss donor loyalty strategies that can inform new donor acquisitions, help restore lapsed donors, and build a robust fundraising plan anchored on donor loyalty;
- Key highlights of the tax reform legislation and what it means for local nonprofits and donors
Key takeaways of the seminar include the following:
- Understanding of the Cause Selling framework;
- Identifying the key elements involved in follow-up to cultivate and strengthen stewardship
- Utilizing Donor Loyalty as a guide and thematic focus in formulating a nonprofit’s 2018 fundraising plan;
- Learning specific tools and strategies that can mitigate the potential impact from the tax reform legislation
- Sharing best practices and networking with like-minded nonprofit development professionals
Presented by Stephanie Casenza, MS, APR, CFRE and a Distinguished Panel